10:00 Wednesday October 6 2021
Current Participants: 0 space(s) available
- Ann, Gostage
- Appleton, Ruth
- Bradley, Ian
- Etty, Simon
- Forbes, Neil
- Garner, John
- Grant, Ken
- Hampson, John
- Holmes, Robert
- Hughes, Sue
- Keane, Una
- Procter, Clare
- Roberts, Barry
- Terry, Phil
- Wright, Carmel
This is a grade C ride, 35.5 miles return with a couple of short hills on way out.
We will be meeting at Hooton Station at 10 am, but please arrive by 9.45 for registration with the ride leader Sue Hughes.
There are a two quite steep hills on the outward leg, towards Barrow, so on the day you will need to bring your climbing legs and use those lower gears.
Lunch will be at Bluebell Cafe at approximately 12 noon. Sue has booked tables, but because of the numbers involved the cafe needs to know what riders would like to eat and drink beforehand. So please let Sue Hughes know by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible, but at least two days before the ride, what you would like to eat and drink. An extract from the menu is shown below and the cafe will provide the usual range of drinks: tea, coffee, soft drinks, etc. NB: If you are having a sandwich, please let Sue know if you would like it as a sandwich or as a toastie, and if you would like it on brown, seeded or white bread. Baguettes are on either wholemeal or white.
After lunch, Sue will be returning back via Mickle Trafford and the Greenway.
- Eggs Florentine wilted spinach, poached egg with hollandaise sauce, toasted white muffin or seeded sourdough 5.80
- Eggs Benedict crispy serrano ham, poached egg with hollandaise sauce, toasted white muffin or seeded sourdough 6.50
- Eggs Royal smoked salmon, poached with hollandaise sauce, toasted white muffin or seeded sourdough 6.90
- Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Egg Bagel 6.25
- Welsh Rarebit on seeded sourdough 5.10
- Add bacon, flat mushroom, poached or fried egg 80p each, crispy serrano ham 2.50, wilted spinach 2.00
- Fish Finger Sandwich with leaves & Tartar sauce 6.75
Sandwiches and Baguettes
On White, Seeded or Brown Bread, White or Wholemeal or Baguette for 70p extra: Gluten free available
- Salmon & Dill with Lemon Mayonnaise 6.50
- Cheshire Roasted Ham, Sliced Tomato & Mixed Leaves 5.75
- Coronation Chicken & leaves 6.25
- Beetroot & Horseradish Houmous, Grated Carrot & Rocket 5.50
- Mature Cheddar, Salad & Tomato Chutney 5.75
- Chunky Chips 3.00
- Pan Fried Halloumi Fries with Sweet Chili Dip 3.50
On the day of the ride we suggest that you should bring:
- wet weather wear and warm clothing
- a spare inner tube, a pump and tyre levers
- some food and drink to keep you going
- money for emergencies (and possibly lunch)
- a mobile phone
and that you should carry details of your address and an emergency telephone contact number, just in case.