10:30 Wednesday August 31 2022
Current Participants: 3 space(s) available
- Branch, David
- Burrows, Mark
- Chambers, John
- Coxhead, Harry
- Flynn, Simon
- Holmes, Robert
- Hughes, Ian
- Malloy, Paul
- Perry, Julie
- Williams, Peter
- Wright, Carmel
- Wright, Tony
In this section:
- Grade C ride – total distance is 33 miles (29 miles to lunch). Nearly all tarmac. A few hills near the end only.
- Paul Malloy is ride leader, following Dave Brewer’s route. Please note start time is 10:30 (Dave is starting at 10.00) from Port Sunlight Station.
- We will travel down the railway cycle path and visit the site of Bromborough Mills (watermill and windmill); then make our way through Bromborough; Hooton ; Missing Link; Capenhurst; A5117 cycle path to the Gibbet Mill at Great Saughall; then back to Willaston to see the Willaston Mill; on to Neston Mill; then Gayton Mill; Brimstage for Lunch; back to Port Sunlight via Storeton and Higher Bebington (site of Bebington Mill).
- We will stop at all the 6 sites and some background researched history of the mills will be given. I hope you will find this of interest!
- Garmin course route:- https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/124591364
- Lunch is planned for at the Brimstage Courtyard cafe.
- Route returns to Port Sunlight Station