10:00 Wednesday December 14 2022
Current Participants: 0 space(s) available
- Burrows, Mark
- Curl, Douglas
- Elkins, Mike
- Garner, John
- Gorman, Jim
- Holmes, Robert
- Hughes, Ian
- MacKenzie, Charlotte
- Malloy, Paul
- McCallion, Liam
- McNamee, Jill
- Ronald, Helen
- Thiruselvan, Anuradha
- WHITE, Alison
- WHITE, Ed
- Whittaker, Stephen
- By booking onto this ride you agree that:
- you will act responsibly and adhere to the rules of the road and countryside;
- you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that any manoeuvre that you make is carried out safely;
- you confirm that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in the ride;
- you confirm that you have read and are aware of the Wirral Cycling Group Risk Assessment policy
- your cycle is in a safe, legal and roadworthy condition (see GCN’s 6 Checks Before You Ride);
- you have read Cycling UK’s advice on riding in a group;
- you understand that Cycling UK or Wirral Cycling Group cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the ride.
On the day we suggest that you should bring:
- wet weather wear and warm clothing
- a spare inner tube, a pump and tyre levers
- some food and drink to keep you going
- money for emergencies (and possibly lunch)
- a mobile phone
- and that you should carry details of your address and an emergency telephone contact number, just in case.
Don’t forget your Christmas hats, jumpers and tinsel on your bike ( not compulsory) The cafe will accommodate us in their function room and will provide sandwiches, cake and a drink for £10.00. More details to follow on that.
Members are free to make their own way there but please register on the “Planned Rides” page, if you intend to do this so we can keep track of numbers.
If you book a place on the ride but feel unwell or have any symptoms of Coronavirus on the day please cancel your booking and stay at home. Looking forward to seeing you all for our final ride of 2022.
Distance The ride is 14.4 miles out to Bluebelle Cafe, Grove Road, Wallasey, Wirral, CH45 0JA
Tel: 0151 639 5730. and will be a Grade D ride. With a return route back to Red Rooms of 7.8 miles. 21.6 in total.
Meeting We will be meeting at Red Rooms Cafe (Golf shop), at 9.45 for a 10:00 depart.
Possible obstacles Nothing too worrying in terms of hills, climb up throuogh Prenton and then down hill and along the promenade. So it’s a fairly flat course, where possible when crossing major roads we will use traffic lights or pedestrian crossing points.
Route is available on Komoot Red Rooms to Bluebelle Cafe
Lunch will be at the Bluebelle cafe approximately 12am (Noon) which we as a group have visited on a number of times over recent years. Should you have any dietary needs then please phone the cafe and make your own individual arrangements. Tel: 0151 639 5730
Hazards Riding a bicycle on public roads is inherently a risk, you can mitigate those risks by being aware of other road users and anticipating their likely actions. If you have not done so then please do read the WCG guide and Risk Assessment policy
After Lunch I will be returning back to Red Rooms Via Bidston Moss, Upper Bidston, Woodchurch.
Trains There a number of stations on route that will return you to the Wirral Stations so I would advise you to bring money for both your lunch and the train should you choose to use them.
Questions via email please to Peter Williams