10:00 Wednesday January 11 2023
Current Participants: 1 space(s) available
- Bird, Andrea
- Burrows, Mark
- Coetzee, Sheila
- Etty, Barbara
- Etty, Simon
- Forbes, Neil
- Grant, KENNETH
- Hughes, Sue
- Procter, Clare
- WHITE, Alison
- WHITE, Ed
- Wright, Carmel
- Wright, Tony
- Young, Julia
Meet at Hooton Station for registration 9.45
This is a Grade C Ride. 10 to 12 mph
Ride Leader: Sue Hughes
Distance is 25.5 miles as short days and to help with Christmas Excess Fayre!
We will leave Hooton Station and make our way to Childer Thornton and through old aerodrome towards Eastham Ferry, and Carlett Park across A41 along cycle path to Carlett Boulevard and make our way to Eastham Rake and towards Thornton Hough, Parkgate and Neston, Burton to Puddington to the Gift Cafe approx 20 miles. Return approx 5.5 miles to Hooton Station.
This ride has no major hills and is all roads, tarmac surface. Just very short stretch “Missing Link” on return.
If you have any dietary requirements please contact Cafe Direct.
By booking onto this ride you agree that:
- you will act responsibly and adhere to the rules of the road and countryside;
- you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that any manoeuvre that you make is carried out safely;
- you confirm that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in the ride;
- you confirm that you have read and are aware of the Wirral Cycling Group Risk Assessment policy
- your cycle is in a safe, legal and roadworthy condition (see GCN’s 6 Checks Before You Ride);
- you have read Cycling UK’s advice on riding in a group;
- you understand that Cycling UK or Wirral Cycling Group cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the ride.
On the day we suggest that you should bring:
- wet weather wear and warm clothing
- a spare inner tube, a pump and tyre levers
- some food and drink to keep you going
- money for emergencies (and lunch)
- a mobile phone
and that you should carry details of your address and an emergency telephone contact number.