10:30 Wednesday February 2 2022
Current Participants: 0 space(s) available
- Burrows, Mark
- Coetzee, Sheila
- Coventry, Janet
- Henry, Graham
- McNamee, Jill
- Murray, lynda
- Newns, Mike
- Oldershaw, Sonia
- Taylor, Debra
This is a grade C/D ride of around 18miles, from Arrowe Park Red Rooms to Bluebells cafe, [junction of Grove Rd and Sea Rd] Wallasey. This ride was postponed on 8th Dec. due to weather. Nearer the time I will email the cafe menu so that food will be ready quickly and together, this has worked well in the past. I will not be returning to the start, but can direct riders to nearby cycle routes, either the promenade or Route 56, or to nearby stations, Grove Rd being the closest. Please check your bike, brakes and lights and carry appropriate clothing for the weather. The route has no serious climbs, but a nice downhill on Hillbark Road. We go through the cemetery at West Kirby before turning towards New Brighton. The Red Rooms cafe opens at 9am, I will be there close to 10am for a cuppa before we start at 10.30.
- Give the distance in miles and the grade (B,C or D) of the ride and mention anything unusual about the route (e.g. off road sections, or very hilly)
- Confirm the name of the ride leader and the start time and location of the meeting point; make sure that the location and map on the system are correct and match your description
- Give a brief description of the route and, if available, include a link to GPX route planning software such as Strava, Garmin Connect, Komoot or RideWithGPS
- Explain any arrangements for lunch at a cafe, or for bringing your own sandwiches, or either.
- If the route doesn’t return to the start, explain how people can get back there (station, or escorted, or on their own)
After you have added the information about the ride, to publish it and to allow people to book on, make sure that the Status (at the top of the right-hand side of this page) is set to “Public” and that the tick on the “Rota Only” box (half way down on the right-hand side of this page) is removed.