Who Are We?
We are a friendly group of experienced cyclists, mainly aged 50 plus but open to all ages, providing support and a sociable environment to encourage more people onto bikes to explore the countryside and improve their level of fitness.
The group is affiliated to Cycling UK. We organise rides each week from different locations mainly on the Wirral in winter; In the summer we go further to explore Cheshire lanes or Liverpool. Distances range from 20 up to 50 miles.
We welcome new riders. Just pick an upcoming ride from the list, check that the ride pace and distance are within your capabilities and then contact us by pressing the button below.
Click on the Take Part button below to learn more about our rides, riding as a group, and what you will need to bring along …
Check out our Facebook page to see photos from our rides, news from our members, and to check for any last minute changes to our rides.
- Wednesday 27th October 2021: 5 place(s) available
Paul Malloy (C) Arrowe Park, Meadow Lea loop (different route to Barry's!)
- Wednesday 27th October 2021: 0 place(s) available
John Hampson (C) Port Sunlight to New Brighton via Irby
- Sunday 31st October 2021: 1 place(s) available
David Brewer (C) Chester Towers & Spires Tour.
- Wednesday 3rd November 2021: 0 place(s) available
Robert Holmes (D+) Red Rooms to New Brighton street art
- Wednesday 3rd November 2021: 4 place(s) available
Sheila Coetzee (D) Neston to Brimstage
- Friday 5th November 2021: 2 place(s) available
Neil Ross-Jones (B+) Fast Friday Ride – Cheshire Loop
- Sunday 7th November 2021: 10 place(s) available
Peter Williams West Kirby to Nets
- Wednesday 10th November 2021: 3 place(s) available
Jill McNamee (C) Birkenhead Park to Whistle Stop Cafe, Thurstaston
- Wednesday 10th November 2021: 0 place(s) available
Susan Hughes (C) Hooton to Walk Mill
- Sunday 14th November 2021: 0 place(s) available
Clare Procter (C) Bromborough to Manley Mere
- Sunday 14th November 2021: 2 place(s) available
Richard Giles (D) Newcomers' Ride from Birkenhead Park
- Wednesday 17th November 2021: 0 place(s) available
Stephen Whittaker (D) South Liverpool Parks, plus Speke Hall and the Georgian Quarter
- Wednesday 17th November 2021: 10 place(s) available
Barry Roberts Port Sunlight Station to Ellesmere Port Boat Museum
- Sunday 21st November 2021: 12 place(s) available
Andy Mace C Ride 10am Port Sunlight to Boat Museum
- Wednesday 24th November 2021: 3 place(s) available
Una Keane (D) Bromborough to Ledsham
- Wednesday 24th November 2021: 0 place(s) available
John Hampson (C) The Liverpool Loop Line from the Pier Head
Why Not Join Us?
You can come with us on up to three rides to see what it’s like before having to join the group
And the membership fee is only £5 per year!
If you decide to join us, just fill out a registration form, and pay the fee to any committee member on a ride, or ask them for bank transfer details.
Click the button below for more information …
… and click the (same) button above to see some examples of our previous rides; and for links to other sites that can help you with cycling around the Wirral (or anywhere else!)