Who Are We?
We are a friendly group of experienced cyclists, mainly aged 50 plus, but open to anyone aged 18 or over, providing support and a sociable environment to encourage more people onto bikes to explore the countryside and improve their level of fitness.
The group is affiliated to Cycling UK. We organise rides each week from different locations mainly on the Wirral in winter; In the summer we go further to explore Cheshire lanes or Liverpool. Distances range from 20 up to 50 miles.
We welcome new riders. Just pick an upcoming ride from the list, check that the ride pace and distance are within your capabilities and then contact us by pressing the button below.
Click on the Take Part button below to learn more about our rides, riding as a group, and what you will need to bring along …
Check out our Facebook page to see photos from our rides, news from our members, and to check for any last minute changes to our rides.
- Sunday 21st August 2022: 9 place(s) available
Andy Mace (C) Port Sunlight station to Nets cafe.
- Sunday 21st August 2022: 4 place(s) available
John Hampson (C) Way of the Roses: Morecambe to Bridlington over 4 Days
- Wednesday 24th August 2022: 0 place(s) available
Andy Mace (B-) from Pier Head Liverpool to Ellesmere Port via Dutton
- Friday 26th August 2022: 2 place(s) available
Neil Ross-Jones Friday Ride B+
- Sunday 28th August 2022: 9 place(s) available
Peter Williams (D) Thornton Hough to Burton Manor – Open to present members and newcomers.
- Sunday 28th August 2022: 5 place(s) available
John Hampson (C) Formby to Southport via Beacon Country Park
- Wednesday 31st August 2022: 0 place(s) available
David Brewer (C) Tour of South Wirral Windmills
- Wednesday 31st August 2022: 9 place(s) available
Paul Malloy (C) Pauls tour of South Wirral Windmills
- Sunday 4th September 2022: 10 place(s) available
Peter Williams (C) Thornton Hough to Higher Kinnerton "Walters Cafe"
- Wednesday 7th September 2022: 11 place(s) available
Jill McNamee 'D' Thornton Hough to Hayrack Farm [to Th.Hough return]
- Tuesday 13th September 2022: 2 place(s) available
David Brewer (D) Ride and Bicycle Maintenance Workshop at Nets Cafe
- Wednesday 14th September 2022: 6 place(s) available
WCGAdmin (D) Newcomers' Ride from Birkenhead Park
- Sunday 18th September 2022: 5 place(s) available
Clare Procter (C) Hooton to Meadow Lea
Why Not Join Us?
You can come with us on up to three rides to see what it’s like before having to join the group
And the membership fee is only £5 per year!
If you decide to join us, just fill out a registration form, and pay the fee to any committee member on a ride, or ask them for bank transfer details.
Click the button below for more information …
… and click the (same) button above to see some examples of our previous rides; and for links to other sites that can help you with cycling around the Wirral (or anywhere else!)