10:00 Sunday December 5 2021
Current Participants: 5 space(s) available
- blackburn, gill
- Bradley, Ian
- Brewer, David
- Grant, Ken
- Harrop, Dave
- Lear, Anne
- Ledger, Chris
- Procter, Clare
- Ritchie, Ian
- Ritchie, Mary
- Total distance is 44 miles Grade B because of distance and there area few hills – Croughton; Chester Zoo; Great Barrow; Cob Hall Lane; and DoH. The route is on quiet lanes and cycle routes- all tarmac, but some of the lanes may be muddy.
- David Brewer will be ride leader. Start is from Port Sunlight station at 10:00.
- The route is down the old railway line path to Eastham; Childer Thornton; Little Sutton; Capenhurst; Stoak; Croughton; Chester Zoo; Mickle Trafford; Guilden Sutton; Stamford Bridge; Barrow Estate; past Manley Mere; up Cob Hall Lane; and loop back to DoH. Return is via Thornton le Moor; Ellesmere Port; Eastham and Bromborough. See Garmin Course:- Garmin Connect
- Lunch can be at “Café Fresh” at DoH or you can bring sandwiches – there are picnic areas in DoH
- We can also stop for a drinks break in Capenhurst; banana break near Chester Zoo; and exhaustion break on Cob Hall Lane! Lunch is after 30 miles (so I have allowed for plenty of breaks!). The return route will go via Ellesmere Port Station – which could reduce the ride to about 37 miles.